Monday, September 22, 2014

I'm starting in the middle of this but ...

I walk into the kitchen, roommies at the dining room table.

Her: Fuckin' Bernie. She's so damned stupid I wish she'd just die. this is her best friend since 6 yrs old. 

Me: Aw now. No you don't.

Her: She's so fucking stupid! She is going to lose her unemployment in 10 wks and I just sent her 14 pages of text as to what she can do to talk to the legislators and she responds with 'Did you talk to so and so about the BBQ?' This whole fucking country is going to shit and I tell her how she can fix it and all she is worried about is eating??

Me: So you expect her to fix it all by herself in the next 10 wks?

Her: No. But damn it I explained to her what the problem is and she isn't worried about it at all!

Me: So you're actually upset because she doesn't think the same way you do?

Her: Yes!! All my friends are so fucking stupid! Their children and grandchildren are growing up in this fucked up country and none of them are trying to do anything about it!

Me: Hm. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have responded either. You tend to get a little mean when it comes to politics. I don't disagree with you that if everyone that thought as I did got together and said something we could probably make a difference, but we aren't.

Her: And that is exactly the problem!! None of you will stand up and fix this country. You're all trying to let us fix it for you! All YOU care about is knitting!

Me: C'mon now, you don't need to insult me. I don't insult you when you continually call it knitting instead of crocheting even though I correct you ... every single time.

Her: It's not an insult. Not really. Well kinda. If you guys would all get together we could pull this country out of the hole you are digging for the rest of us.

Me: Ah. So now this is all my fault?

Her: Yes!! Well no. I don't mean that. But if you would stand up for your rights ...

Me: How did we make this about me and it being ALL on me that this country is being run into the ground when in fact you started out mad at your friend for not responding to you appropriately so you could lecture her, yet again, on politics?

Her: All my friends are fucking idiots. They're so damned stupid.

Me: Buh bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment